Expression updates a cell with all records in its specified column separated with commas

Hi, all. this expression :
TRANSFER DETAILS[CUSTODIAN]
fills the cell that i want but concatenates the values of all the records separated by commas, instead of one.
i didnโ€™t expect it to be a LIST, but a single value from the current record being added to another table.
iโ€™m using it in an Action to update with โ€œset the values of some columns in this rowโ€
iโ€™ve tried various other expressions with Select and Lookup and the cell remains empty.

can someone help, please?

0 8 318
8 REPLIES 8

@Eso_Surveyors
Have you tried with [_THISROW].[CUSTODIAN] only?

thanks, @LeventK.
the table source of the data is different to the table target, namely source table is TRANSFER DETAILS and i want to update table ASSETS.

@Eso_Surveyors
Yes I do understood that. Thatโ€™s why I proposed use of [_THISROW]

this expression in the Assistant: [_THISROW].[L = Labelled E = Engraved]
gives me this error: Error in expression โ€˜[ESO No].[L = Labelled E = Engraved]โ€™ : Unable to find column โ€˜L = Labelled E = Engravedโ€™
so itโ€™s not looking at the TRANSFER DETAILS columns, rather looks at ASSETS columns.

Are you trying to update a columnโ€™s value in an other table from the table that you currently viewing?

yes, in brief,
the Action must update table ASSETS,
with a value from table TRANSFER DETAILS
action is triggered by a record ADD to table TRANSFER DETAILS

@LeventK do you want to look at the APP?

@LeventK, action already fills the correct cell i want but puts all the valued of that column from all records in TRANSFER DETAILS separated by commas, including the values i want, i.e., the very last after the last comma.

Top Labels in this Space