External Eventing Doesn't Print <<Start: Select ()>> Results

I have AppSheet Events Add-On turned on for the sheet.
When I create a record directly in Google Sheet, and allow the AppSheet Events Add-On to trigger a bot that sends an email, the Bot does run and does send the email, but doesn’t include results of the <<Start: Select ()>> expression that the email template has. I know it is not a problem with the Bot because it does include the expression results when the record is created via AppSheets instead of directly in the Google sheet. Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?
Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 6 178
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The table had security filters. So I enabled “Bypass Security Filters?” under the event and that resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hey AdemarN,

I am not entirely sure the expression is written out in a way a template would read it properly from AppSheet, but if you check out the article below it should be able to point you in the right direction.

Link: Email Templates | AppSheet Help Center

This has links to all kinds of expressions and formulas and the like. Hope this helps!

Have a good one!

@QREW_Cale Here’s the full expression. It works when the Bot is triggered from creating a new record within AppSheet. It just doesn’t work when creating a record directly in Google Sheet with Events Add-On enabled.

<<Start:OrderBy(SELECT(Data[LineId], [Discount Code]=[_ThisRow].[Discount Code]),[Event Date],True)>><<[Full Name]>>
<<[E-mail Address]>>
<<[SKU Title]>><>

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

See Sending Email Only After Adding a Parent Record and All of Its Children here:

Interesting article. Thank you for sharing. Though in this case there are no child records. The resultset from the expression are records that already existed and are from the same table.

Sounds like a legit bug, then. Please contact Support for help with this.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

The table had security filters. So I enabled “Bypass Security Filters?” under the event and that resolves the issue.

Top Labels in this Space