FastTable

Quick question
I have an app that I’ve been using for a while now, but last week I started to run into an issue.
it’s a very simple inventory app that is linked to my Google sheet, the issue is that now, after I save 2 entries it goes to a fastTable View?? Not sure why, nothing was changed in setting on my side.
Does anyone know how to prevent this from happing?
0 8 206
8 REPLIES 8

If the app doesn't find a view, it shows this "FastView". Please check from your form view what it is set to open.

This is recently happening to me as well. I've made no changes to the app that should have messed with any of the views, but every other Add action now ends up at a blank "fastTable" view, with no table listed. Alternate Adds work fine, and return to the main table view as normal (the Form Behavior is set to "Form Saved: Auto assign (Go Back)". I have also tried making it an explicit action to go back to the parent view, but the behavior is the same.)

Seeing that this is happening to someone else too leads me to think there is some AppSheet bug affecting multiple users?

To follow up, I was able to fix my app by explicitly setting the Finish View of the Add form to the main table view. But "Auto assign (Go Back)", which was previously working fine, is now intermittently failing and going to a blank fastTable rather than actually going back.

Hi Benjamin,

This option may be messed up when you are using a slice in the parent/child table. 

You shall check the table used in the parent/child views and be sure that they are both using the same slice.

If there are no slices, it's likely a reference issue of the parent table (current ID is not well defined). In that case you may check exactly how you access the parent table (maybe it's through an action or maybe this parent table is the child of another table). 

If you can't find the root issue, you can just create an action "linktorow" to the parent table, and put it in "Form saved" behavior.

Hope it helps 👌

You were correct that the parent and child were using different slices... however, when I changed them to use the same slice, the buggy behavior did not change.

It's a simple case: Add a row to a table, return to the Table view. I'm using the following table/slice: slice.png

Then I have an action that goes to a Form view to add a new row:

signinaction.png

Which links to a Form in the same slice.

Formview.png

When the Finish View and Event Actions (Form saved) are set to "Auto assign (Go back)", every 2nd save goes to a blank fastTable view (I'll do a screen capture and post that a bit later if needed).

What's most concerning is that this behavior just started a few days ago with no relevant changes to the app, just like the OP.

To follow up with the follow up... I reverted all my changes to try to fix this issue (including reverting to different slices for the table and for the form, setting Event Action and Finish View to Auto...) and this afternoon, the app is no longer exhibiting the buggy behavior, and is working just as it had previously.

Hmmm. I'll stand by my theory that there was a problem in the AppSheet back end that was causing us issues. If @JaHalifax sees this, maybe they can confirm whether their app is working again as well.

The issue might be  caused by the linktoview().

Try using the linktoform() function, defined like : linktoform("viewname", "idcolumnname", uniqueid(), ... )

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106538?hl=en

I will confirm it seems to have fixed its self.  I did make some changes and delete my tables and added them again.  Not sure what fixed but it’s fixed

Top Labels in this Space