Filter for Bot - Multiple children failing

When I have more than 1 item related to a parent, I am getting the following error:

StephenSaid_0-1697203532886.png

It seems to be working fine with one item!

The two keys listed are the correct keys which I need to update. 

I can't figure out what is wrong now!

Solved Solved
0 7 165
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, thank you. I think you could achieve this with a "Run Data Action " step in the bot.

So the process of the bot could look like below

BOT -1.png

In the above screenshot [Related Transfer Details] is the reverse reference column in the "TransferHeaders" table that references child table "Transfer"s records. Please change with the actual name you have for that reverse reference column. I think it will be [Related Transfers]

And the referenced action "Set Quantity" could look like below. Please create it under the Behavior -> Action option.

Bot2.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If you could share more details on bot configuration right from bot -> Event> Process -> Step with maybe parent /child table names and their relevant column details with what you are trying to achieve with the bot, the community could help better.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Sure thing. Thanks for coming back to me about this.

The Event is triggering on Table updates only.
Table: TransferHeaders (this table contains the parents)
Condition:  

AND(
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Status] <> [_THISROW].[Status],
[_THISROW].[Status] = "Submitted"
)

I have two process being run:

1. Update QtyCheck (this is the problem)
2. Send a notification (this is working. at least when QtyCheck works)

QtyCheck 

This calls a process called 'Update QtyCheck'.

StephenSaid_0-1697207720274.png

The Lookup expression is:

ref_rows("Transfers", "TransfersHeaderID")

Update QtyCheck process

This Process is based on the table called 'Transfers'. This table contains the children. 

StephenSaid_1-1697207858813.png

I think I provided all the info. Let me know if I missed anything.

Thank you for looking into this.

Thank you for the details. Is it correct understanding that you wish to update two columns [QtyCheck] and [Checked] in all the related rows of the child table "Transfers" from the parent table "TransferHeaders" [Quantity] column and [Checked] to "No when the [Status] column in the parent table changes to "Submitted"

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Almost.

I want to update two columns:

[QtyCheck] from [Quantity] in the same Transfers table
[Checked] simply setting it as false... this is not necessary, since the initial value is already false.

Okay, thank you. I think you could achieve this with a "Run Data Action " step in the bot.

So the process of the bot could look like below

BOT -1.png

In the above screenshot [Related Transfer Details] is the reverse reference column in the "TransferHeaders" table that references child table "Transfer"s records. Please change with the actual name you have for that reverse reference column. I think it will be [Related Transfers]

And the referenced action "Set Quantity" could look like below. Please create it under the Behavior -> Action option.

Bot2.png

Thanks. That worked as expected.

Learned something new again.

You are welcome. Good to know it works per requirement.

Top Labels in this Space