Filter products ref column in order details form

Hi,

I have a products table and an order details table.

There is a ref column in the order details schema so that a form can be used to select products from the products table. A drop down menu is created for the user to select the correct product. 

How can I filter the products shown in the ref column based on a column in the order details table?

For example if the order details table has a column showing as "fruit" then only products in the product table with [product type] "fruit" will show.

thanks

Phil

Solved Solved
0 4 133
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

In the ref column in the Order Details table that references Products table, please try in the valid_if setting of the column

FILTER("Products", [Product Type] =[_THISROW].[Product Type] )

View solution in original post

It was the wroing way round

FILTER("Products", NOT(IN([_THISROW].[District User 2],[Do Not Sell/Call Signs])))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In the ref column in the Order Details table that references Products table, please try in the valid_if setting of the column

FILTER("Products", [Product Type] =[_THISROW].[Product Type] )

Thanks

That works. I have made the column in the products table an enumlist. The column to compare it to in order details is just a single text value.

I need to use IN() to look to see if the the value is in the list but it says Parameter 2 of function IN is of the wrong type

FILTER("Products", NOT(IN([Product Type],[_THISROW].[Product Type] )))

Thanks

Phil

It was the wroing way round

FILTER("Products", NOT(IN([_THISROW].[District User 2],[Do Not Sell/Call Signs])))

Top Labels in this Space