Filtering a Dashboard by date using input rather than multiple slices for each date range

So I am trying to combine the two following example apps:

To filter a dashboard based on a form button
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=91266...

Filter dashboard based on dates:
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Show-data-from-today-yesterday-this-week-etc?appGuidString=76dc56c7...

So far I am smashing things together with no luck, has anyone made anything like this?

I have made a Filter table with a Enum with Today, This Week, This Month which feeds to a range entry that uses IFS to create a min date range but other than that I am stuck
The closest I got gives me this error

โ€œCannot compare List with Date in (Filter[Range] < [Date Sold])โ€

Solved Solved
1 2 545
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Steve,

So that also had the same result.

I did figure out however that using

LookUP(1, Filter, ID, Range)<[Date Sold]

Using Any and Filter seemed to be trying to return a list of ranges (even though there was only one) but Lookup using the manual ID of 1 works now.

I think, the data doesnโ€™t seem to line up with the actual ranges that I made with
IFS(
[Sort]=โ€œTodayโ€, TODAY(),
[Sort]=โ€œThis Weekโ€, TODAY() -7,
[Sort]=โ€œThis Monthโ€, TODAY() -31,
[Sort]=โ€œTotalโ€, TODAY() -9999,
)

But its something.

I had to cheat to pass my highschool maths test so Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll suss it out soon enough

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try this instead:

(ANY(Filter[Range]) < [Date Sold])

Hey Steve,

So that also had the same result.

I did figure out however that using

LookUP(1, Filter, ID, Range)<[Date Sold]

Using Any and Filter seemed to be trying to return a list of ranges (even though there was only one) but Lookup using the manual ID of 1 works now.

I think, the data doesnโ€™t seem to line up with the actual ranges that I made with
IFS(
[Sort]=โ€œTodayโ€, TODAY(),
[Sort]=โ€œThis Weekโ€, TODAY() -7,
[Sort]=โ€œThis Monthโ€, TODAY() -31,
[Sort]=โ€œTotalโ€, TODAY() -9999,
)

But its something.

I had to cheat to pass my highschool maths test so Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll suss it out soon enough

Top Labels in this Space