Filtering data and dashboard to use ref sheet

I am just jumping back into appsheet and it's been a while.  I am working through a couple issues

First, I have a sheet I use to track equipment that we check out to our athletes.  For this example, I have a roster sheet, an helmet sheet, a shoulder pad sheet and the and equipment sheet.  I want to inventory our equipment on the helmet and shoulder pad sheet and then I want to check it out on the Equipment sheet.
I have a slice for helmet checkout and a slice for shoulder pad checkout and they work fine.  The issue i have is with a large organization, I want to limit the list of players from the Roster.  (The roster sheet is a master list the has players from multiple seasons)
I would want to limit it to players with Season column - 2023 so only the players currently rostered come up as the Player on the Checkout.

Secondly in this same category, I want to create a dashboard where I can get use helmet checkout, helmet check in, shoulder pad check out, check in, basically click something to take me to that GUI.  So imagine something like:
What action would you like to take and then a link or icon to press to take me to the ref segment i am trying to get to.

Hope that makes sense

0 1 32
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961544-dropdown-from-valid_if

Use a SELECT/FILTER expression in valid_if to only return the players from 2023.

Highly recommend you combine all similar "things" into 1 table, like helmets and shoulder pads should be in the same table.

Top Labels in this Space