Grouped actions not wowrking after Edit

Hello!

I'm currently working on Appsheets and I'm having the following issue:

I'm trying to execute a set of grouped actions: First Edit the row, then Copy row into another table (this is meant to work as a record of what has been edited) but only the edit action is executed.

Messing around, I tried inverting the order of the grouped actions (copy first, edit later) and it works, but it is not what I need. Is there some issue with the edit action that stops others from executing afterwards? Is this a Bug?

What can I do to make this work as I need?

Solved Solved
0 2 124
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your "Edit row"  is the action of launching a Form view for a user to manually change column values,  then it is correct that no other actions will run afterwards.  In other words, if you have a navigation action in a Group, it MUST (will be) be the last action executed.

Instead, if you want aoo allow the user to Edit the row and then copy that edited row,  you want to attach the copy action to the Form Save Behavior.  See image for location on a From View definition.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 3.07.25 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If your "Edit row"  is the action of launching a Form view for a user to manually change column values,  then it is correct that no other actions will run afterwards.  In other words, if you have a navigation action in a Group, it MUST (will be) be the last action executed.

Instead, if you want aoo allow the user to Edit the row and then copy that edited row,  you want to attach the copy action to the Form Save Behavior.  See image for location on a From View definition.

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 3.07.25 PM.png

I see

I will try this out, if it works, I'll accept your answer as solution

Thanks for helping ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space