Form UI: Header for certain columns

Hi there, I have a simple question about how to edit my form view to look like certain columns have their header or section names.

I’m trying to look as close as this:

the “Total Hasil Tangkapan” is the header of column “Volume” and column “Individu”.

Do you guys know how to do it? or do I need to move this question to features request in Appsheet?

Solved Solved
0 9 284
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is not possible to put 2 columns side-by-side in a Form View. However you can add “Show” type columns to make it look like more than 1 columns are grouped together.

3X_e_7_e7fdacf8ea024a5894ed309e0185553b58a61641.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

It is not possible to put 2 columns side-by-side in a Form View. However you can add “Show” type columns to make it look like more than 1 columns are grouped together.

3X_e_7_e7fdacf8ea024a5894ed309e0185553b58a61641.png

I see, so this look is the closest I can get?
3X_3_e_3e534d841156e85bb872e0a46dbe8a33a20f4ef4.png

Is there any possible way to put these 3 columns closer? in terms of the vertical spacing of the column.

I would say yes.

You may try the following setting, but otherwise no.

Or maybe there is a way to change the font and bold the font of other columns to become similar to that section header (Boat Dimension) ? and leave these 3 columns as is?

Format Rules only work on column values, not their Display Names.

However you can adjust the font for the entire app

3X_a_5_a50f188f474325b62abcebb3364afafa82e69420.png

I see, thanks a lot for your help. So just to be sure, type Show and type category Section_Header is the closest I can get to look as similar as my needs?

^^

Thanks a lot, Marc.

By the way, I have another quick question, is there possible to add a unit in the column?
Like column type percent, but after the value, not before the value. I wanna add like meter, kg, etc

You cannot. Your options are:

1. Add the unit text value into the “Display Name” for the column. "original-col-name" & " meters"
  2. Create a new column that concatenates the original column value with the unit text. [column] & " meters"

Here are a couple feature requests that you may like to vote on.

Top Labels in this Space