Form column name is incorrect, how to fix?

When I first created my app and it brought in a particular spreadsheet, it titled one of the columns based on a comment on the header field, not the header field itself. In turn, it generated the form with that same comment as the name of the โ€œblankโ€. I have not found a way to correct this and I didnโ€™t catch it until much later in development. Removing the comment and re-generating the column structure did not fix it, etc. Is there a way to change the name of a field/blank in a system-generated form?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 4 117
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What is a โ€œblankโ€?

Please post a screenshot of the columnโ€™s configuration screen showing the unwanted name.

Blank, field, columnโ€ฆ Something you fill in a form.

Hereโ€™s the column view:

Hereโ€™s the column in a detail view:
3X_0_7_0777a27c8f4321a9a1a5747aaa33f650b05145b0.png
Hereโ€™s what it says on the input form:
3X_a_4_a46b4e8823f50d492d57b0112c22ff3d3e18d07a.png

As I said, the โ€œActive/Inactive data typeโ€ verbiage was a comment on the column header of the Google Sheet when I brought it into Appsheet. Didnโ€™t notice till it was too late. Havenโ€™t found a way to change the input form even though Iโ€™ve fixed everything else. The underlying sheet doesnโ€™t have the comment anymore, and Iโ€™ve tried regenerating the column structure, it doesnโ€™t affect the system-generated form.

Thanks!

OR:

Thanks! That was indeed the issue, apparently the โ€œcommentsโ€ from the sheet got pulled into that field, but I had no idea that would be the source of the formโ€™s verbiage for that โ€œblankโ€/field/whatever. Cleared that field, and the form began reflecting the intended verbiage. Thanks!
3X_9_0_902e5e4c6537b381995d37d168188c261332f1d5.gif

Top Labels in this Space