Form default values based on filtering

Hi,
say I have two tables, Boxes([id], [nam]) and Objects([id], [boxid], [name]). The column Objects[boxid] refers to an existing Box[id].
Now I have the Boxes detail view, in which I can click an action to navigate via LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW to the Objects, filtered with the specific Boxes instance I selected. That’s like opening a specific box and looking into it.
If I add an item in the filtered Objects view, I expect to be able to specify the correct boxid value, that would be like putting an object in the right box.

How would that be possible? I understand that the only source of this info is the filtered view, and without some parsing that would not be possible since the filter condition is arbitrary… So what should I try? Would I succeed? Seems like such a trivial task to me, but don’t figure out how to do that.

Solved Solved
0 1 237
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Riccardo_Mazzei

You might want to check out References; they allow you to connect tables together, and AppSheet will automatically create what’s called “Reverse Reference” on the connected table.

From your example: I would imagine that the “BoxID” column in the Objects table would be a reference to the Box table.

• This would then render as an list of related objects for each box.

Also, just as an FYI, here’s some further info about how to use the community effectively.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Riccardo_Mazzei

You might want to check out References; they allow you to connect tables together, and AppSheet will automatically create what’s called “Reverse Reference” on the connected table.

From your example: I would imagine that the “BoxID” column in the Objects table would be a reference to the Box table.

• This would then render as an list of related objects for each box.

Also, just as an FYI, here’s some further info about how to use the community effectively.

Top Labels in this Space