Form fields reading differnent than email

I have a parent_table in the parent_table I have a student field of type enumlist basetype ref referring to the student_table. in the Parent form, the student name comes up as the actual name of the student whereas when I generate an email, it comes up as the student_id (a number).
I would think that if the form says the personโ€™s full name the email referencing the same field would do the same.
Has anyone seen this happen?

Thanks,
Flan

Solved Solved
0 4 110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@steve you are correct sir. I was able to find this lovely article. thank you for writing it!

what it amounted to was using a list dereference by placing the brackets next to eachother
[student][f_L_name]

thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey Flan,

If you are using the system default messages for your email content, there is a chance that the AI just picked the wrong field to insert in the email. You can change that by switching it to manual input of what you want your template to be for each email. Check out the article and videos below about document generation and email templates.

Link to article: Email Templates | AppSheet Help Center

Link to video: Automated Document Generation in AppSheet (Concepts Compatible w/ Bots) - YouTube

Hope these help get you going in the right direction!
Cale

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

That assumption is wrong.

@steve you are correct sir. I was able to find this lovely article. thank you for writing it!

what it amounted to was using a list dereference by placing the brackets next to eachother
[student][f_L_name]

thanks!

Well done!

Top Labels in this Space