Form shows rows not in slice

TDVol

I have a table with Leads. One of the columns has the Lead Status. I have a slice that shows only the rows that have certain Lead Statuses. Basically, I am filtering out various statuses such as Closed - Lost. When I View Data in the Slice, it is just as expected. I am using that slice to summarize the number of Leads with the remaining statuses. However, when I use that slice in a form (chart), it shows the statuses that I filtered out. It is not counting the data in those statuses, but it is showing the statuses none the less.

So, the form (chart) is showing a line for Closed - Lost even though there are no records in the slice with that status. It does show it blank as in zero, but I do not want the category to show at all. It is odd because in other forms, there is no category if there is no data in the slice.

0 1 135
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

If the understanding of your requirement is correct, the chart shows all possible options for that parameter, irrespective of whether the sum or count is zero or not.

If you still wish to eliminate those options where the count is zero, please try the following workaround. The workaround involves a VC that could possibly add to sync time.

Create

1. a VC called say [Active Lead Statuses] with an expression something like IFS(IN([Lead Status], UNIQUE(Table Name[Lead Status])), [Lead Status])

2. A slice called say โ€œActive Leadsโ€ with a filter expression ISNOTBLANK([Active Lead Statuses])

3. Base the chart on this slice โ€œActive Leadsโ€ and chart column as [Active Lead Statuses]

If you wish to create a chart that always eliminates โ€œclosedโ€, โ€œLostโ€ deals , the above VC expression could be simpler, something like

IFS(IN([Lead Status], { โ€œWork In Progressโ€,โ€œOpenโ€, โ€œBeing Finalizedโ€}), [Lead Status])

The list { โ€œWork In Progressโ€,โ€œOpenโ€, โ€œBeing Finalizedโ€} should have all the lead statuses except โ€œLostโ€ and โ€œClosedโ€

Top Labels in this Space