Format Highlight Todays Logged Items

Hi Guys, 

Does anyone know if there is a format rule to highlight items from REF table that have been logged on today and not to highlight items that haven't been logged today ? 

For example 

Table 1 : Stock Inventory Database 

Tabel 2 : Inventory Count Master 

REF: SKU #

When an item is logged into [Inventroy Count Master] = Today(), Set the Color Green, If The Color Hasn't Been logged today, Set the color red 

Solved Solved
0 14 319
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IN([SKU #], SELECT(Inventory Count Master[SKU #], DATE([Logged Date]) = TODAY()))

This expression checks if the SKU # exists in the "Inventory Count Master" table where the "Logged Date" is equal to today's date.

1. In the "Format rule" section, choose the desired formatting option (e.g., Text color) and set it to green.

Next, you'll need to add another format rule to set the items that haven't been logged today to red:

2. Click on "Add a new rule" again to create another format rule.
3. Set the "For this data" field to select the same column as in step 4.
4. In the "Format these rows" section, choose "Conditional expression" as the format type.
5. In the expression field, enter the following expression:

NOT(IN([SKU #], SELECT(Inventory Count Master[SKU #], DATE([Logged Date]) = TODAY())))

This expression checks if the SKU # does not exist in the "Inventory Count Master" table where the "Logged Date" is equal to today's date.

6. In the "Format rule" section, choose the desired formatting option (e.g., Text color) and set it to red.

Save the format rules, and the items in the "Stock Inventory Database" table will now be highlighted in green if they have been logged in the "Inventory Count Master" table today, and in red if they haven't been logged today.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

[date-column] = TODAY()

[date-column] <> TODAY()

Hey Marc,

This is what I initially did. It does work, however, I was wondering if there is a condition only to highlight or mark the items that have Today() on the log. As soon as I log anything with today's date they all go green. 

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 11.04.51 AM.png

Meaning that only mark SKU # Items that have a date that is equal to a log today. 

The goal is the show what items have already have been logged for today. 

Thanks,

Brendan 

What does "logged" mean?

Sorry, i mean an entry or form submission. 

the problem I am having is that it marks all of the REF items as the highlighted color when just one condition is met [date-column] = TODAY()

Is it possible to add a more complex formula where it meets two conditions ? 

Say that Date is today and the total cost is blank ? or units are blank?

do you know what formula I could use in this case?

thanks,

Brendan 

Hey Marc, 

Thanks For sharing the AND Article. This does work however the column condition that I am trying to edit is a reference column and I am still having a hard time just highlighting the logs that. Even if an name is logged today and has a different meal status it is still showing up the same color. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks 

AND(ISBLANK([Meal Status]),[Date]=Today())

From what I understand, you're wanting to set a format rule on Table1 (stock inventory database), to show if that item has a record in Table2 (inventory count master) for today. And Table2 has a Ref type column pointing at Table1. Is that all correct?

If so, you can use an ISNOTBLANK( SELECT() ) type of expression. Like:

ISNOTBLANK( SELECT( [Related Table2s][table2-key-column] , [date]=TODAY() ) )

Hi Marc, 

the expression works and I used it as a data slice to check, however when it comes to the format rules it is still highlighting all the names in the in table 1. The goal is to only highlight the names that have been logged today. So for example show a check mark next to the names in Table 1 that have a record of being logged in Table 2. 

I am also open to having a Slice where the names do not show up if they have been logged today and their status is "Ordered" I have attempted to try an find the formula that works for this but haven't had any luck at the moment. 

Thank

however when it comes to the format rules it is still highlighting all the names in the in table 1. The goal is to only highlight the names that have been logged today.

Pretty sure that's exactly what my expression does.

Would the key from table 2 have the match the ref coming in ? I am thinking that there might need to be one more condition other than today for the filtering to work ? 

IN([SKU #], SELECT(Inventory Count Master[SKU #], DATE([Logged Date]) = TODAY()))

This expression checks if the SKU # exists in the "Inventory Count Master" table where the "Logged Date" is equal to today's date.

1. In the "Format rule" section, choose the desired formatting option (e.g., Text color) and set it to green.

Next, you'll need to add another format rule to set the items that haven't been logged today to red:

2. Click on "Add a new rule" again to create another format rule.
3. Set the "For this data" field to select the same column as in step 4.
4. In the "Format these rows" section, choose "Conditional expression" as the format type.
5. In the expression field, enter the following expression:

NOT(IN([SKU #], SELECT(Inventory Count Master[SKU #], DATE([Logged Date]) = TODAY())))

This expression checks if the SKU # does not exist in the "Inventory Count Master" table where the "Logged Date" is equal to today's date.

6. In the "Format rule" section, choose the desired formatting option (e.g., Text color) and set it to red.

Save the format rules, and the items in the "Stock Inventory Database" table will now be highlighted in green if they have been logged in the "Inventory Count Master" table today, and in red if they haven't been logged today.

Have you attempted to add any additional conditions to this expression ? for example if the item was logged today and is of a certain category class ? let me know.

Thanks!

Thank you so much! this has been bothering me for quite some time and this worked!

Top Labels in this Space