What is that? | Unable to cast object of type 'TextMetaData' to type 'TableRefMetaData'.

ERROR:

Unable to cast object of type 'TextMetaData' to type 'TableRefMetaData'.

Can anyone tell me what this is? It's new to me! And the appsheet doesn't give me any details about the error and doesn't even tell me where this error is located!!

I have a slight impression that this error arose after I implemented this expression in a column:

IF(

AND(
[COLUMN_A]="Sim",
ISNOTBLANK([COLUMN_B]),
IN([Import_ID Cod],SELECT(REGISTER[ID Cod],TRUE))
),

SUBSTITUTE(TEXT([Conect_ID Cรณd].[Xyz]), "ADEFE", "AD"),

[ID Usuรกrio].[Igreja]

)

ERROR.jpg

0 7 841
7 REPLIES 7

@COMADEFE wrote:

Unable to cast object of type 'TextMetaData' to type 'TableRefMetaData'.

This is an internal platform source code error.  It should not be presented to us as App Creators.  I would recommend informing AppSheet of this error so they can implement a more user friendly message.

The cause of this error, is likely this part "TEXT([Conect_ID Cรณd].[Xyz])".  I am not sure how AppSheet treats a referenced value inside of a TEXT() function.  Rationally is should work but functionally I am not certain how AppSheet treats this.

I suggest first testing by replacing [Conect_ID Cรณd].[Xyz] with actual text value (in quotes) and make sure the result is as you expect.

If so then I would solve this by adding a Text Virtual Column and assign it TEXT([Conect_ID Cรณd].[Xyz]) and then reference the Virtual Column in the SUBSTITUTE() function.

Dear WillowMobileSys brilliant idea!!! Great...
Thanks a lot for the help!

I tested the relationship with the virtual column and everything continues to work normally. Both in my way and in your way the behavior of my form satisfies the two implemented logics.

โš ๏ธBUT THE ERROR MESSAGE STILL LOOKS AT ME, ONE WAY OR OTHER, WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING MORE THAN THIS:
๐Ÿ“ŒUnable to cast object of type 'TextMetaData' to type 'TableRefMetaData'.โ—

Heeeelp

I do not understand what I am doing wrong, I've deleted my tables and started from scratch. still the same issue. 

@COMADEFE wrote:

โš ๏ธBUT THE ERROR MESSAGE STILL LOOKS AT ME,

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

I suggest first testing by replacing [Conect_ID Cรณd].[Xyz] with actual text value (in quotes) and make sure the result is as you expect.

Did you perform this test above?  The point of this test is to confirm if the REF part of the expression is causing the problem or not.  And to be clear you would replace this "TEXT([Conect_ID Cรณd].[Xyz])"  with something like this "<<put hard coded value here>>"  where you insert the actual value from your data and then perform the test in your app to see if the result is as you expect.

If there are no errors and the expression performs as expected then you KNOW that the replaced part is causing the issue and need to seek an alternative way to do the same thing.

Whatever I was doing, the problem was coming from building on the appaheet tables, I switched to building on sheets and it's fixed now.

You mean using the the AppSheet Database?  It is a new feature and could have bugs.  I would definitely report it to AppSheet Support.  There is also a Community thread with other feedback and responses - see the link below.  You might search it to see if your issue was already raised.  If not report it there as it is monitored by AppSheet for any new issues they need to check into.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Introducing-new-AppSheet-database-feature-in-p...

Muchas gracvias por las instrucciones. Pero me parece que el problemas no tenia que ver con mi trabajo. Pues, sin que yo hiciera nada, el mensaje de error desapareciรณ.  Creo que era error interno de Appsheet

Pero muchas gracias por la asistencia.

Top Labels in this Space