Format Rule: If a condition is met then format

I currently have a format rule that puts a red exclamation point next to the description in my table if [Date Approval Received] is +30 days. 

lstephens_0-1714392349318.png

This rule, however, needs a tweak for specific jobs with [Job Type] "PMs" so I duplicated the +30 rule and was going to add an additional condition to it like below

If [Job Type]="PMs" 

TODAY()>[Mo PM Due]+30

This is not working, so I need help! I also came to the realization that my first rule will still trigger for PMs contradicting the second!! 

Insite: When we receive approval for most jobs we want them done in 30 days but for PMs, we may receive the approval months before its actually due. I have a field [Mo PM Due] which is in date format so we can create the format rule on that.

Solved Solved
0 3 73
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lstephens wrote:

[Job Type]="Quoted Job", "Service", "PM Repairs", "Annual Discrepancy Repairs", "Verification", "Training";

Here it is. You can not compare in that way a column value to a list of values. Thing you can do is using the command IN(). Look for that 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You need 2 rules:

First rule trigger if job type is what you need and the date is overdue:

AND([Job Type]="PMs";([Mo PM Due]+30)<TODAY())

Second format rule trigger if job type is not what you need it to be:

AND([Job Type]<>"PMs";([Mo PM Due]+30)<TODAY())

ou can also expand the rule if you need more job type excluded from a rule by evaluating a list (maybe taken from another table of exceptions) agains another list

Thank you for the response, ok so I deleted my other 2 replies and figured I would just edit my initial rule to include the [Job Type]s that that one needs to include. So I edited it to look like this but something is not working in this expression AND([Job Type]="Quoted Job", "Service", "PM Repairs", "Annual Discrepancy Repairs", "Verification", "Training";(TODAY()>[Date Approval Received]+30))

This is what the warning says Condition AND(([Job Type] = "Service call"), "PM Repairs", "Annual Discrepancy Repairs", "Verification", "Training", (TODAY() > ([Date Approval Received]+30))) has an invalid structure: subexpressions must be Yes/No conditions

@lstephens wrote:

[Job Type]="Quoted Job", "Service", "PM Repairs", "Annual Discrepancy Repairs", "Verification", "Training";

Here it is. You can not compare in that way a column value to a list of values. Thing you can do is using the command IN(). Look for that 

Top Labels in this Space