Format Rules

PSX_20230322_101224.png

PSX_20230322_101128.png

Screenshot_20230322-095248_Chrome.png

PSX_20230322_100859.png

I have a table with multiple UX Format rules that the yes/no condition is not working anything near its intent.

I have a Column name "POSITION" that contains one of these "C,LW,RW,LD,RD,G".

Im using the formula CONTAINS([POSITION],"(One of the text above)") to change the color of the text.

The only rule that makes a change is the rule pertaining to "G", but not only does it make the change to rows containing "G", it makes it to every row containing the other values.

Iv tried the above formula, [POSITION]=, with and without quotes around the text. There is also a column called POS that contains a number related to the value of POSITION. I tried the above formulas with the number in number format and in text format, matching my google sheets format to it aswell. Always the same result. 

Also i have another table with the same rules that works perfectly. So i cannot figure this one out.

PSX_20230322_101400.jpg

0 5 167
5 REPLIES 5

Format rules condition aren't evaluated until the editor is saved, did you save the editor?

BTW, your screenshot is impossible to see, as it gets uploaded at a smaller resolution. You should post multiple screenshots instead of trying to fix 6 into one image.

I added a couple, its all the same formula only the value the condition looks for changes anyway.

But yes its been saved with every attempt. I have also tried rearranging the oder of operations, even though that shouldnt have effected anything to begin with since there isnt an overlapping condition.

There is also a column called POS that contains a number related to the value of POSITION

Sounds like you're maybe working with a Ref column? Are the values you listed the actual values stored in the source data, or just labels? Can you show the actual data?

Screenshot_20230323-135534_Sheets.png

There is a reference Column, but its not being used in the flow of this view, and excluded from the slice being used for the view.

I tried both in virtual column, and the actual Column from source data. [POS] is source wish list values from 0-5, and the virtual column is [position] which list the position that relates to the number in [POS]

I may have went over bored with ref Columns and they are conflicting. Once i stumbled upon reference values it was a game changer for what im attempting to do. Virtual hockey league which would have all the data you would find in a professional leagues webpage. Essentially 95% of the data can be connected by the same group of unique keys [ID], [TEAMID],[MatchID].

Guess im just going to have to back track and sift through. Just was looking for a possible idea before i go and do all that.

I actually reverted to an early version that almost worked, but still has lots that are not correct.

Top Labels in this Space