Formula for "Are updates allowed?" causing error : does not allow this operation. Expression result:

Hi everyone,

It's a long process to explain the error but here we go.

By habving a "Security filter" on a table, my bot for sending mails didn't work. It only sends mails sometimes. I think that it recognize the Security filter as a way to block the email that could received the mail.

So I removed the security filter, and added a formula in "are updates allowed?" here is the formula :

IF(IN(USEREMAIL(),Superviseur[Courriel]), "UPDATES_ONLY", "READ_ONLY")

Kayphy_0-1671466675345.png

Maybe it's not right, but it worked. While testing, it sends mail to all the right people. Now the problem is, When I do an update I have this error :does not allow this operation. Expression result: '{exprResult}'. Expression Trace: {exprTrace.SerializeForViewing()}

Kayphy_1-1671466796643.png

Thank you for any help!

Solved Solved
0 3 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I found a solution. I created a slice and put a formula in the "Row filter condition" that shows the rows only if the user is in the list AND have the contract in their name. So there is no security filter, but they cant access it. They still receive mails from the bots.

Have a nice day !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you didn't already, confirm that the USEREMAIL() of the user is in the list Superviseur[Courriel].

Also, an alternative solution to your original issue might have been to enable the automation event's Bypass security filter? property.

Hi dbaum,

The USEREMAIL() is in the list of Superviseur[Courriel]. I tried the "bypass security filter" but it doesn't work. I think it's because the table where the sucurity filter is applied is not the same as the one that the bot is connected. 

That's a very good advice! Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi,

I found a solution. I created a slice and put a formula in the "Row filter condition" that shows the rows only if the user is in the list AND have the contract in their name. So there is no security filter, but they cant access it. They still receive mails from the bots.

Have a nice day !

Top Labels in this Space