Formula in show column

Hi, can anyone confirm whether you can use an IF statement in the Content of a Image show column?

I have an image that has text on it and when using a mobile device the text gets quite small so I created a mobile friendly version of the image where the text is proportional. I then tried to set the content value as an expression:

IF(CONTEXT(“Device”)=“Browser”,“Info1.png”,“Info2.png”)

Both images load if I just set the content to “Info1.png” or “Info2.png”

Am I just trying to be too clever? Thanks for any insight.

0 3 139
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

An expression in the Content property of a Show column should work just fine. In what way isn’t it working as you expect? Can you provide screenshots showing the problem?

Thanks for responding. The image is not displayed on either browser or mobile. I just get the square icon that is typical when the image cannot be found. Even if the condition was not met, the false value should still be shown. I am not using the full path to the images but changing the condition to be just “Info2.png” works just fine.

I can get a screenshot if needed tomorrow.

That behavior is unexpected, though I must admit I’ve never tried to use a conditional with a Show Image. I’m going to have to suggest you engage support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space