Formula on condition

Is there any way to have a formula fill a field only when a certain criteria is met?

What I am trying to do is to have a field be provided by the user if a previous field is of certain value; otherwise it should be calculated; cant find a way to only have the formula apply conditionally.

So lets say I have a True / False field โ€ฆ if this field is True, the second field should be filled by the user; if false then a formula would fill the fieldโ€™s value.

Solved Solved
0 2 323
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When a sheet column has a formula, it will ALWAYS block user input, and will update any time that row is edited.

Try moving the formula to the Initial_Value instead, and turn on Reset_On_Edit. You can reference the TRUE/FALSE column in the Initial_Value formula. Then use Editable_If or Show_If to prevent the user from editing the input column when appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

When a sheet column has a formula, it will ALWAYS block user input, and will update any time that row is edited.

Try moving the formula to the Initial_Value instead, and turn on Reset_On_Edit. You can reference the TRUE/FALSE column in the Initial_Value formula. Then use Editable_If or Show_If to prevent the user from editing the input column when appropriate.

FANTASTIC โ€ฆ I knew there had to be a way !!!

Thanks โ€ฆ this greatly simplifies both the frontend and the backendโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space