Function for AppSheet

Hi guys! How to write a formula for calculating the time of passing stages ( I mean the description column) from the calendar. I made a choice - the name of the stage (description). and I want the sum of the virtual cells of this stage's time (description) to be counted in the virtual column of the stage table. I tried to make a search formula - it doesn't count anything. I tried to write Sum(select( - calculates the total amount for all the time on the calendar. Please help!14-07-2023 204801.jpg14-07-2023 205711.jpg

Solved Solved
1 5 141
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see the issue.  You want to simply remove the table name in front of [Description]

The expression should be like this:

SUM(SELECT(Calendar[Time], [Description] = [_THISROW].[ID]))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

That doesn't make sense to me. I suggest that you give some examples of data, and what your desired result should be.

I think you do want to use the SUM(SELECT()) approach.  The SELECT() can conditionally choose which rows you want summed together based on criteria yo provide.

However, I am not clear what you mean by "passing stages".  What are "passing stages" and how do you identify them in the data?

So the basic expression would be:

SUM(SELECT(Calendar[Time],  <<your criteria here>>))

The "criteria" entered will filter the row to only those you want included in the summed result.

Please also refer to this article below for examples and details

SELECT() 

Скриншот 14-07-2023 234924.jpgI haven't been able to write for 4 hours now 😞 I have a table where I have added a virtual column with duration count. It uses a reference to the keys of another table. I just want to add to the table with keys the count of this virtual duration. I just count as sum(time)des 14-07-2023 233449.jpgkey 14-07-2023 233512.jpgСкриншот 14-07-2023 233618.jpgСкриншот 14-07-2023 233656.jpg

I see the issue.  You want to simply remove the table name in front of [Description]

The expression should be like this:

SUM(SELECT(Calendar[Time], [Description] = [_THISROW].[ID]))

Thank you very much you saved me!

Top Labels in this Space