Function for AppSheet

Hi guys! How to write a formula for calculating the time of passing stages ( I mean the description column) from the calendar. I made a choice - the name of the stage (description). and I want the sum of the virtual cells of this stage's time (description) to be counted in the virtual column of the stage table. I tried to make a search formula - it doesn't count anything. I tried to write Sum(select( - calculates the total amount for all the time on the calendar. Please help!14-07-2023 204801.jpg14-07-2023 205711.jpg

Solved Solved
1 5 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see the issue.  You want to simply remove the table name in front of [Description]

The expression should be like this:

SUM(SELECT(Calendar[Time], [Description] = [_THISROW].[ID]))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

That doesn't make sense to me. I suggest that you give some examples of data, and what your desired result should be.

I think you do want to use the SUM(SELECT()) approach.  The SELECT() can conditionally choose which rows you want summed together based on criteria yo provide.

However, I am not clear what you mean by "passing stages".  What are "passing stages" and how do you identify them in the data?

So the basic expression would be:

SUM(SELECT(Calendar[Time],  <<your criteria here>>))

The "criteria" entered will filter the row to only those you want included in the summed result.

Please also refer to this article below for examples and details

SELECT() 

ะกะบั€ะธะฝัˆะพั‚ 14-07-2023 234924.jpgI haven't been able to write for 4 hours now ๐Ÿ˜ž I have a table where I have added a virtual column with duration count. It uses a reference to the keys of another table. I just want to add to the table with keys the count of this virtual duration. I just count as sum(time)des 14-07-2023 233449.jpgkey 14-07-2023 233512.jpgะกะบั€ะธะฝัˆะพั‚ 14-07-2023 233618.jpgะกะบั€ะธะฝัˆะพั‚ 14-07-2023 233656.jpg

I see the issue.  You want to simply remove the table name in front of [Description]

The expression should be like this:

SUM(SELECT(Calendar[Time], [Description] = [_THISROW].[ID]))

Thank you very much you saved me!

Top Labels in this Space