GDrive API Integration with AppSheet possible?

Hi,
I need to create GDocs and GSheets from within the AppSheet app and define the path and name of the file.

Is there a GDrive API integration possible with AppSheet trhat would provide this functionality ?

Regards,
Frank

0 5 264
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, I believe you can though I have not yet done so. AppSheet supports REST APIโ€™s. since Googleโ€™s Sheets API is REST based then you should be able to talk easily from AppSheet to the Sheets API.

In AppSheet is is referred to as a Webhook. You will need to understand the criteria for both sides.

Below is the document for Webhooks. Youโ€™ll then need to review the Sheets API for proper content to send.

He meant if there is any way we can write rows of our table into a google doc with specific template just like creating PDF. Also according to a client that will be a unique key column we need different Gdoc file in different folder. As of now we can do that with PDF but how to do it with google doc ?

Nope.

I donโ€™t understand. The key column must occur in the same file as the rest of the table; it cannot exist in another file in a different folder.

thx for replies )
so what I need to achieve right now with the GDrive API integration to AppSheet is to :

• create a new G-Doc / G-Sheet document
  • define the path under which the document is created
    ** (here a folder of the clientโ€™s GDrive account, which is shared with me)
  • obtain the share link of the created document

So thatโ€™s the tasks right now I need to see if it can be done with AppSheet.

That is what I understood you were looking for and I believe you can do so. There is not a built in integration in AppSheet yet to Google API (Iโ€™m sure will be coming) but AppSheet does provide a generic ability to call REST APIโ€™s. Its simply a matter of understanding what the Google API expects to be given and how you provide that information from AppSheet.

Unfortunately, though I have created integrations with REST APIโ€™s in the past, I have not yet done so in AppSheet. I canโ€™t help with the formatting. Others in the community can help with specific questions as you start building out the capability. Hopefully, the article above and Googleโ€™s API documentation will help you get started.

Top Labels in this Space