Get automatically the % of absenteeism

I will try to explain it as best as I canโ€ฆ

I have an app where Iโ€™m getting the information of people who will not be at work (for example from today until next week)

Iโ€™m trying to know automatically the % of absenteeism by knowing the total number of people (For example: 24) and knowing that this person wonโ€™t be for at least 1 week.
How should I compare the value of the date of โ€œtodayโ€ with the number of dayโ€™s where this person wonโ€™t be working.

Solved Solved
0 11 356
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Reports can be run at scheduled intervals.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Sorry for not understanding but I have read this post and I have looked for other post to solve this and i couldnโ€™t find it, I already looked for information or examples apps on Appsheet for this and couldnโ€™t find anything usefull, so I dont know what should I do, but this is the only response i gotโ€ฆ

Donโ€™t know if Iโ€™m doing anything wrong in this Appsheet creator community

Your post did not make any sense, which is why I linked a guide on how to make a post. Please elaborate. Screenshots are always helpful.

You seem to want to calculate a percentage. Your description of the calculation makes no sense. Is this something youโ€™re already calculating somewhere else and can provide the more exact formula?

Thanks for the recomendation Iโ€™m learning how to post here and I will improve.

Letโ€™s Try Again!!!

I have a Table called โ€œPayrollโ€. here I enter the employee information when they wonยดt come to work.
The data I have to submit is:

*Employee ID - Type Number
*Name - Type Text (Which I bring to this table using a select formula conected to a data base of employees)
*Date, Time and Week numberโ€ฆ
*Type - Type Text (To know the type of absenteeism)
*Date Start - Type Date (To know the start date when the employee is not going at work)
*Date Finish - Type Date (Due toโ€ฆ)
*Signatureโ€ฆ

There I need to focus is in the Start date and finish date.
This is because in other table Iโ€™m trying to calculate the % of pople working every single dayโ€ฆ

Letโ€™s make an example:
I have 24 employees (Daily)
1 guy will be on vacation from 27/12/2020 until 10/01/2021

If I want to know today the % of people who isnยดt at work I haveโ€ฆ

Total employees = 24
Total absent employees = โ€ฆ This what honestly I donโ€™t know how to solve, how can I get automatically this numer (Which should be = 1)

Total absent employees for today:

COUNT(
  FILTER(
    Payroll ,
    AND(
      [Date Start] <= TODAY() ,
      [Date Finish] >= TODAY()
      )
    )
  )

That worked perfectly, Thank you very much.

Iโ€™m so sorry for the first inconvenient or problem that I had explaining what I needed.

An other questionโ€ฆ
Is there any action that run automatically every day ? the purpose of it is to have that % with out need to fill any form

Where do you intend to view the result in your app?

In the app itself, I have a graphic to display that percent every day.

At this moment thanks to your information, I already calculated the %, but the user has to add a new form and save it.
After it, the app graph that information, what Iโ€™m trying to do is get the daily information automatically (if itโ€™s possible)

Reports can be run at scheduled intervals.

I think part of your struggle might be determining the correct UNITS with which to calculate the % absenteeism.

You need to use Person Days where each day counts as 1 for each person.

So a single day with 24 employees is a total possible of 24 Person Days. If the work week is 5 days, then the Total possible Person Days for the week is 120 (24 per day times 5 days).

Absent Person Days is simply the sum of days absent across all employees. If 3 people are absent in one day thatโ€™s 3 Absent Person Days. For a week, if 1 person is absent 3 days, another is absent 2 days and a third is absent 1 day, thatโ€™s 6 Absent Person Days.

The formula to calculate the % Absenteeism is then simple division adjusted for the period of time you are calculating for:

Total # Absent Person Days / Total # Possible Person Days

I hope this helps!!

Yes, it helped a lot, and actually thatโ€™s what now Iโ€™m doing, but I needed to know how to get the days that the employee is absent but I got it thanks to @Marc_Dillon

Thank you very mucho for your comment

Top Labels in this Space