Go back to default view when done editing

Is there a way to force the app to sync and return to the default view when a user has hit the โ€œsaveโ€ button in a certain UX? (or to add an action button that syncs the app and then returns to the default view)?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 7 910
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Belinda
You can set an action with prominence to no display for that table and set this action as a form saved action:

LINKTOVIEW("YourViewName") & "&at=" & (NOW()+1)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@Belinda
You can set an action with prominence to no display for that table and set this action as a form saved action:

LINKTOVIEW("YourViewName") & "&at=" & (NOW()+1)

Thank you sir! That was exactly what I was looking for !

Youโ€™re welcome

@LeventK - can you explain your use of โ€œ & โ€œ&at=โ€ &(NOW()+1)โ€ in the action so we can all understand the logic?

@Mike,
It forces the app to sync first before triggering the deep link. Thatโ€™s a nice trick that I have learned from @Aleksi and @praveen. Provided you are using delayed sync and background updates along with some VC calculations, REF_ROWS or even with AppSheet API and scripting, it letโ€™s you to view the calculated data right in the app. In fact itโ€™s not different than letting the calculations work and making a manual sync to fetch the back-end data to the app, but it relieves you from performing it manually.

Thanks for sharing @LeventK! Great thing to keep in mind. So many nuances

Youโ€™re welcome @Mike, truly my pleasure.

Top Labels in this Space