Going into a specific tab of a form

Hi there, Iโ€™m working on a large form with multiple tabs that require inputs from multiple persons. Iโ€™m wondering if Iโ€™m able to use a function to direct me to a specific tab. I understand that LINKTOVIEW(Key],โ€œView Nameโ€) is able to bring me to a specific entry and itโ€™s respective view. Is there anywhere to go further than that? To open the form and to a specific tab immediately.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 299
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, not currently. Impossible.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately, not currently. Impossible.

Thank you for the reply. Thatโ€™s unfortunate then. I am using slices and repositioning the tabs so that I get the tab I want to the front but it is a rather large form and I am concerned that the changing order of the form would confuse my users.

While Iโ€™m at it, may I ask if itโ€™s possible to use auto input data from a separate table into my form upon selection and open that specific entry?

On the left is my form menu, each option goes into the same form but Iโ€™ve sliced them and customised the form order for each option. Iโ€™ve added a column containing the data I want to pull into the form within each row.

On the right is the first tab of my form and depending on which selection, different options will be made available. I would like to automate this process such that when the user select the form from the menu, the form is autofilled with the correct selection.

I understand to pull data from different tables, I can use the Data action - add a new row to another table. However, Iโ€™m stuck as to how to then go into that specific new entry all in one go. I would greatly appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

Nevermind me, I found out about the LINKTOFORM() function and it does exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much.

Top Labels in this Space