Good day, new to AppSheet, learning so much a...

Good day, new to AppSheet, learning so much and grasping all the lingo.

Iโ€™m trying to create a dispatch form for our drivers; where they can select common items to be picked up such as: equipment, steel, med waste, cardboard, plastic, pallets, trashโ€ฆetc. when they arrive a customer site.

It is an environmental sustainability recycle business. Whatโ€™s the best way to add this feature to the form? Iโ€™ve already created my google sheet columns for: pick up date, customer, all contact info, signature for driver and customer, date/time signed. And another tab for ITEMS, which lists the commodities, # of pallets; and stuck trying to merge the two; but it looks nice!

Can multiple tasks be done in 1-app? For example, a typical day of recycle. 1. Driver picks up commodities from client, driver selects types of commodity & enters # of pallets on form,

client/driver signs the form, client gets a copy. 2. Driver brings the commodities to the warehouse, weighs each commodity and sorts into bins. Then a certificate of destruction is given to customer.

Later, 3. as the container/bins fill, it goes out to sell, donated to recycle, or pay to landfill.

My next question is can I do these tasks while in prototype? Or do I need to upgrade? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

0 6 330
6 REPLIES 6

You should be able to fully realize your app as a prototype, but you will need to upgrade to put the app in your driversโ€™ hands for routine use.

Further, nothing in your description of the desired functionality would seem to preclude doing it all in a single app.

Thank you Steve

Sometimes, it is a good idea to have a different app for each category of user โ€” eg: an app for the drivers and an app for the people who work at the warehouse. Especially if the functionality does not overlap

@praveen thanx Praveen. Itโ€™s time for me to upgrade to access more features.

@Luvi_Navarro, of course weโ€™re happy if you upgrade but you donโ€™t need to upgrade to use the features. You can experiment with almost all the features in the Free plan as long as you are prototyping.

Top Labels in this Space