Google Calendar Attendees by Name vs Email

Is there a way to add attendees to Google Calendar events via name vs their email? I have a separate list/data source of attendees and their email address that I could use to reference already in the app but I can’t figure out how to link it to the Attendees list in the Gcal data source.

Basically I’d like to search for the attendees in the EnumList by name vs email.

Solved Solved
0 12 595
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok.
Try this:
Table B with columns:
Attenders EMail (with type “email” and properties “key” and “search” checked)
Attenders Name (with type “text” and properties “label” and “search” checked)
Table A:
Field Attendees (don’t remember how it really named in GCalendar) set to type EnumList with a base type of Ref as link to Table B

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

First, read next doc

Second,

Can you explain us, how you links Attenders Name with his E-mail if they stored in separate tables?
Third, if I had to solve this problem, then I would do so:

1. Table A as representation of GCalendar
  2. Table B with columns:
    ID (as key)
    Attenders Name (as text with “label” and “search” properties checked)
    Attenders EMail (as e-mail with “search” property checked)
    So, when list of attendees will be shown, you can see Attendees name, but search for both fields (Name & e-mail)

So I currently can only add attendees via their email address in the “attendees” EnumList on Google calendar source on my App. I would like to add them by their name instead and have their email automatically be added to the attendees when I choose their name.

I currently have a separate data source with all possible attendees: ColumnA (email) ColumnB (Name)

I am toying with a virtual column that pulls names then reference the email. Unfortunately i’m pretty new to this in the past year and i’m fumbling around sitll.

Ok.
Try this:
Table B with columns:
Attenders EMail (with type “email” and properties “key” and “search” checked)
Attenders Name (with type “text” and properties “label” and “search” checked)
Table A:
Field Attendees (don’t remember how it really named in GCalendar) set to type EnumList with a base type of Ref as link to Table B

Ok so that works to an extent. For some reason it isn’t pulling the whole list of available people. It seems to only pull a sample of people that have been added recently. It does however link the email to the name and that is exactly what I am looking for!

How do I get the REF to pull all of the available attendee options?

1. Check your datasheet for duplicates in key-column (email)
  2. Check your datasheet for gaps in rows

Email is key and there is only 1 of each kind.
There are no gaps in my list

So It appears to be a view type issue depending on when the SLICE starts the view. I can see the name of the person if they were already added to an event in the past and the calendar view goes back far enough to see the person. However, I cannot add them if they have not been added to an event already.

Which slice?
Explain, pls.
Set Ref in Attendies EnumList field not for slice, but for table where stored e-mail’s and names of your Attenders

So I have different calendar views in the app. One view is the generic Calendar view showing the month/week/day, and the other is a table view of events that only start on monday of the current week so we don’t see any previous events. It seems the attendees from the EnumList only show data that has been already added in the attendees list before and not any attendees that have not already been added to events on the calendar.

Something similar to this issue and i’m working it now.

A don’t now other answers.
My local time is GMT+2, laptop has been sleeping for 4 hours and I can’t test solutions

So you helped solve this and i’ve very appreciative. I had to search some more to find the second part of the issue, but it was ALL YOU! THANKS!

1: Your answer definitely solved the issue and 2: I added FILTER(members,TRUE) members being the data source for the name/email list to the “Valid If” under Data Validity in the Attendees EnumList to get all the possible names.

Top Labels in this Space