New Bug Encountered: EnumList of Ref type does not show full default item list

When creating a Ref column, the full item list from the base table is populated in dropdown list by default. However, when defining the same column as an EnumList with a Ref base type, only the first item is populated in the list. I am then forced to implement a SELECT() function to populate all items in the dropdown list. Below are images of just the basic column defined - no expressions specified.

Default for Ref type column

Default for EnumList of Ref base type

Solved Solved
1 3 1,034
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yep Iโ€™ve also seen this many times before. Iโ€™m not sure if this is a โ€œbugโ€, but rather the column definition follows Enum/EnumList rules rather than Ref rules. You have to give options or a valid_if/suggested values List for Enum/EnumList columns.

The simplest solution is as @Brand-It mentioned, just putting table[key-colum] (or FILTER(table,TRUE)) into valid_if/suggested .

@WillowMobileSystems I believe what youโ€™re seeing with only the single item is actually the dropdown just showing you previously used values from other records in that table, as Enum columns always do when โ€œallow other valuesโ€ is true.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I had the same issue & thought that I was doing something wrongโ€ฆ A workaround for me was to enter the table[column] into the โ€˜Suggested Valuesโ€™ expression field instead of the โ€˜Valid_ifโ€™ field.

Yep Iโ€™ve also seen this many times before. Iโ€™m not sure if this is a โ€œbugโ€, but rather the column definition follows Enum/EnumList rules rather than Ref rules. You have to give options or a valid_if/suggested values List for Enum/EnumList columns.

The simplest solution is as @Brand-It mentioned, just putting table[key-colum] (or FILTER(table,TRUE)) into valid_if/suggested .

@WillowMobileSystems I believe what youโ€™re seeing with only the single item is actually the dropdown just showing you previously used values from other records in that table, as Enum columns always do when โ€œallow other valuesโ€ is true.

Ah, yes you are correct. I didnโ€™t think of that. The fact it was showing only a single value was the only reason I labeled it as a bug. Iโ€™ll retract that.

Top Labels in this Space