Group By- Related Column or String

Hi All,

For my app I have sheets that contains a handful of columns with headers for the type of payors a facility accepts. Additionally, I have several columns for the insurances a facility in contracted with. The cells have values of yes or blank. Alternatively, I have a column that contains a string for payors accepted, and a seperate column for the insurances in a string. I would like to set up to group facilities by payor & insurance like how I have for location by state, county, city. 

How can i achieveScreenshot 2023-08-24 8.22.12 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-24 8.33.39 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-24 8.46.31 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-24 8.44.42 PM.png this?

Solved Solved
0 4 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The solution I identified was to splice data & utilize the dashboard view.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please explain further. If you are trying to add two levels to Grouping its completely possible. Just add the two columns in the Group by.

Here is the group structure I would like to be able to implement to drill down.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 9.14.27 AM.png

I have not been able to figure out how to implement this as the data isn't contained in one column unless its a string, and when grouping the string doesn't break the comma separated values out and counts them as one. Maybe I need to add a formula so the comma separated values are read individually instead as one value?

Again, I have the data available in a few formats.

In one column as a comma separated string.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 9.20.50 AM.png

In individual columns by name.Screenshot 2023-08-25 9.22.33 AM.png

Or in individual columns with a yes or blank value with headers for the insurance type.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 9.29.49 AM.png

Still looking for a solution if anyone has ideas.

The solution I identified was to splice data & utilize the dashboard view.

Top Labels in this Space