Group header in pdf template updated

Hi, i have a template to generate a PDF file which I am trying to create a header for each group of photos which is displayed per property as shown below. The main property table has a unique ref which is [door ref id] and I have another table linked by the [door ref id] called Install photos. Any help would be appriecated.

This is the output I want to achieve, three pictures wide with a photo group header.

bradley_davis1_0-1654424088065.png

This is what I have so far but the group header [photo type] is not working.

bradley_davis1_1-1654424111472.png

Any ideas would be really appriecated, spent days trying to figure this one out.

Solved Solved
1 14 537
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Whew! Getting multiple rows of photos is gonna be very complex! Perhaps just list them vertically?

View solution in original post

Ended up just creating vertical pictures with a header of the photo type.

bradley_davis1_0-1655373627751.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

That's a tough expression to decipher.

Anyway, I don't believe templates function this way. You better do the photo grouping outside the template. Create a grouped list of photos, where each element of this list would contain three photos, then use INDEX() inside the three columns. 

The photos in the 3 columns works well by property however they are not grouped by the photo type which is what I am trying to achieve. There is around 14 different photo type groups and the user could take many photos against each photo type.

The first thing I need to achieve is to only show the photo type header once and then after that I can then have the relevant picture to that photo type underneath.

I have bene playing with something like this but not having any luck

<<start:orderby(select(install photos[Unique Install Photo id],[photo type],[door ref id]=[_thisrow].[door ref id]))>>

<<[photo type]>><<[photo no]>>

<<if:([photo no]= 1,[photo type])>>

I see. There's no indication of this grouping in the template. I guess you'd need to create a photoTypes table, make the photo type column a Ref to that table, and operate your start expressions on that table. Also to ease troubleshooting,  please show the result you are getting.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks as always Steve, I have managed to get pretty much there now however still having problems trying to show 3 pictures across. managed to create a header that only appears once by create a VC {photo no] =

if([_rownumber]=min(select(install photos[_rownumber],and([door ref id]=[_thisrow].[door ref id],[photo type]=[_thisrow].[photo type]))),count(select(install photos[photo type],and([door ref id]=[_thisrow].[door ref id],[photo type]=[_thisrow].[photo type]))),"")

bradley_davis1_0-1654610670251.png

I have managed to get the  pictures to show that is grouped to the header in box 1 but struggling with box 2 and 3

Whew! Getting multiple rows of photos is gonna be very complex! Perhaps just list them vertically?

Yes, it is proving very difficult I have used this setup below before which does give 3 photos across but not grouped by a header, so I need try and tweak this somehow.

bradley_davis1_0-1654703378148.png

I am managing to get the first photo to show but struggling with photos 2 & 3 any ideas appreicated

bradley_davis1_0-1655294085719.png

Please see my first comment in this thread..

Hi, I did take on board what you said but this does not work, there are 15 different photo types and each photo type can have several photos against them. Each photo type is grouped by the address, my method does group these photos by type and displays the first photo in that group its phot 2 and 3 i am struggling with. I have previously done this however the photos was not grouped by a photo type. Please see below snipit, this works fine however not groupled by photo type

bradley_davis1_0-1655294912127.png

Exactly the same as my second comment.. Where's the Photo Type in your template as per your screenshot? There's no indication of it. 

This was a sample screen shot of a previous system that works well, I am now working on a new system that groups the photos by photo type as in my previous post and screen shots.

bradley_davis1_0-1655299299800.png

Please implement the suggestion in the same comment:

Create a photoTypes table, make the photo type column a Ref to that table, and operate your start expressions on that table.

Ended up just creating vertical pictures with a header of the photo type.

bradley_davis1_0-1655373627751.png

Top Labels in this Space