Grouped action button

Hi, I have an action I need some help with.
Iโ€™m trying to make a grouped action that first Exports my current view as a CSV, then clears the Quantity of a certain column. Iโ€™ve got it down so when I group these two together it works pretty well except for one thing. The views I want to save as CSVโ€™s are slices that I have shown in a Dashboard view but when I click the icon for the grouped action, when it goes to save the CSV file it doesnโ€™t record anything because Iโ€™m technically still in the dashboard view of all the slices. So I made another action that first goes to the view of just that particular slice first before saving as a CSV however, when I do this, it breaks the grouped action and doesnโ€™t save the CSV or delete the values in the column after going to the slice view.

So either I need to know how I can make an action only appear when iโ€™m in the slice view and NOT in the Dashboard view, or I need a grouped action that first goes to that view and THEN completes the other steps. Thank you!

0 2 408
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Luke,

Could you share some screenshots so I can better understand what you are looking to accomplish?

Billy

Certainly!
So first off here is the action Iโ€™m trying to do:
This is to select the rows I want and then clears them:

Then I put this together with another action to save the current view as a CSV:

However, when I go to my dashboard of these views, I can see this action:
2X_7_757cb40f544c6d9db4f045001900196eebf62db5.png
And Because my action first exports the current view and Iโ€™m in the dashboard, it saves a spread sheet with no values in it:

However when Iโ€™m in the view for that slice and out of the dashboard view I can press it too:

And THIS time it saves what I want it to save:

So my question is either how do I make that action ONLY appear when Iโ€™m in the View for the slice and NOT when Iโ€™m in the Dashboard, or how do I make it always go to that view first to make sure itโ€™s exporting the right view as a CSV?

Top Labels in this Space