Guys i need help. There should only 1 "On Rou...

Guys i need help. There should only 1 โ€œOn Routeโ€ status that should exist. if thereโ€™s already an โ€œOn Routeโ€ Status existing on the table, the status of the โ€œPendingโ€ cannot be edited. how do i do that?

0 6 321
6 REPLIES 6

Put AND([_THIS] <> โ€œOn Routeโ€, ISBLANK(SELECT(Table[Status], [Status]=โ€œOn Routeโ€))) in Editable_If of Status column

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thanks bud! but im having a hard time understanding this expression given from that article โ€œNOT(IN([_THIS], SELECT(Customers[State], NOT(IN([CustomerId], LIST([_THISROW].[CustomerId]))))))โ€

Hi @Ganz_Montejo, Request you to implement guidance given by @Bellave_Jayaram. That is more appropriate for your case because

you will need to have multiple other statuses such as โ€œpendingโ€ in the table.The expression given in article prevents any status being duplicated inthe table.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @Bellave_Jayaram Thanks for the help guys i got the required code - โ€œ=IF([Status] = โ€œDoneโ€, false, OR(AND([_THIS] <> โ€œOn Routeโ€, ISBLANK(SELECT(testing[Status], [Status]=โ€œOn Routeโ€))), [Status] = โ€œOn Routeโ€))โ€

Cool

Hi @Ganz_Montejo,Based on my understanding,your concerned table should have only one โ€œon routeโ€ status record at any point of time.

You may wish to take a look at the section โ€œPreventing Duplicate Field Valuesโ€ in the following article. Hope this helps help.appsheet.com - List Expressions and Aggregates List Expressions and Aggregates help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space