HELP! All my apps can't run because of a data action no longer being valid

I opened all of my apps todayโ€ฆdeployed and undeployedโ€ฆand they all have errors that are keeping them from opening. All of the errors point to a โ€œbehaviorโ€ and all of them have the same โ€œdata action no longer being validโ€ but each app has a different data action(s) it references as no longer valid. All of these data actions are on the system level and some of them I canโ€™t even find. please help

0 10 273
10 REPLIES 10

Did you try to refresh everything?

Please provide screenshots of the errors.

This is just one of my apps. I woke up to all of my apps having a message of this sortโ€ฆjust different actions. And btw- the โ€œmenuvalueโ€ and โ€œMenuchangeโ€ doesnโ€™t exist. Iโ€™ve even searched for itโ€ฆlooked in system actionsโ€ฆetc. I think the weirdest thing is that all my apps had this error. Some of my apps I havenโ€™t touched in a month or so.

Weird!

I would go to Info. properties. App Documentation. Click on the Here at the very bottom.

Once it runs, search that document for each of those action names. If they donโ€™t exist in the documentation, Iโ€™d contact support. If they do exist, remove the references and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the tipโ€ฆIโ€™ll let you know what happens

That worked. It doesnโ€™t explain how it suddenly happened to all my apps at onceโ€ฆbut I was able to fix it doing the application documentation searchโ€ฆthanksโ€ฆI was so worried that my app was corrupted beyond repair

So glad it worked. Weird that it appeared in all your apps. Could someone have hacked your account?

Seems like a random way to hack me.

Bryan Coley
Chief Creative Officer
Reel Experiences

Hi Bryan,

The reason why your app broke that way is because we added a change to let users know their views were referencing invalid actions. Apologies that this caused frustration and confusion, I realize we didnโ€™t provide enough of a meaningful error message so weโ€™re adding that now.

We roll these things out carefully so we only enabled this change for a small fraction of our users. Sorry you got caught up in this. Weโ€™re fixing this rapidly so it doesnโ€™t affect other people.

Maria

Perhaps making it a soft yellow warning rather than hard red error.

Thanks for letting me. It helps to know that it wasnโ€™t something that had corrupted and might cascade to other things.

Top Labels in this Space