HTML table in email body, big line separations

Hello guys,

I am not familiar with HTML, and simply searched for some online examples. I wanted to use HTML table, to have nicely aligned view in an email body. I show my lines in the email body below.

However, the outcome shows strange view. And doesn't look like some simple online trials.

Any advice about this?

<html>
<body>
<p>Hello colleague,</p>
<table>
<tr>
<td>Test Order:</td>
<td><<[_THISROW].[TANo]>></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Planned timing:</td>
<td>Dec. 5 to Dec. 9</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LIUZheng_0-1699426855482.png

Solved Solved
0 3 399
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you update if you are necessarily looking for an HTML based email body template or other options will do?

if you are looking for HTML based solution, then @SkrOYC has some detailed tips on the subject such as below. He is an authority on the topic.

Part 1 - Almost pixel perfect pdf reports from aut... - Google Cloud Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Could you update if you are necessarily looking for an HTML based email body template or other options will do?

if you are looking for HTML based solution, then @SkrOYC has some detailed tips on the subject such as below. He is an authority on the topic.

Part 1 - Almost pixel perfect pdf reports from aut... - Google Cloud Community

I don't have other options at the moment. 

And I think you are leading me to the right article, thanks for the reply.

Quick tip #1:
When using HTML as the Body template, please make a full .html file and refer to it instead of typing the content in the field provided by AppSheet inside the Bot/Task config.
I've seen many issues related to HTML inside that field

SkrOYC_0-1699467204643.pngQuick tip #2:
Don't use the preview, test with real data.
Bots has a "Test" option that will open a view where you can fire your bot as if the event were happening.

If you are using an scheduled bot, you can use the "Run" option instead

SkrOYC_1-1699467243815.png

Top Labels in this Space