Hello AppSheet Community, I have now a bigge...

Hello AppSheet Community,

I have now a bigger project going on.

And Iโ€™m struggeling with a kind of log / history book I wanna create.

What I want is that I have a task with different โ€œStatusโ€ like New, Accepted, On hold, Finished, etc.

Everytime someone changes this Status I want the App to write a Row into a referenced table with the chosen State, Time and User who did this.

So that everytime I can go into the task and see whatโ€™s the history of this task.

Is this possible to create in AppSheet?

Thanks in advance. Adrian

0 12 350
12 REPLIES 12

Yes, itโ€™s just sightly complex. The way I handle it is to basically write an entire new record every timeโ€ฆ But I have a security filter that only take every records newest time. So I do this with various actionsโ€ฆ The user doesnโ€™t even know theyโ€™re looking at an entirely new recordโ€ฆ In SQL this is accomplished much easierโ€ฆ

So, I change the edit action, from edit to link to form that populated all the existing recordsโ€ฆ You could also do the copy action I think, but thereโ€™s always other things I want to manually change programmatically, so I always link to formโ€ฆ

Also, an action can still link to form and change status automatically, they would just need to hit save, I treat this like a confirmationโ€ฆ

You can show the system actions, and then modify then

The user should see every entrie, like a history.

Iโ€™ve found out that my function works, but it doesnโ€™t trigger correctly I think.

Is it possible to trigger an action every 5 minutes?

Thank you Grant for this response.

I have trouble to grasp your idea correctly.

Iโ€™ll know try to do this over the weekend and I would be really happy, if I could contact you maybe when I have some questions.

Thank you really much for the information.

@Adrian_Enz Feel free to simply reply to this post, good luck!

Already got one question.

When I set a State and do a Workflow / Action to the form. How can I auto populate the form with the state that was chosen previously?

@Adrian_Enz I think Iโ€™m hazy on what you mean by set a stateโ€ฆ But this article is awesome! https://help.appsheet.com/data/columns/column-type-app-deep-links

Iโ€™m sorry, I mean Status.

I

couldnโ€™t figure out how I can go to his FormView when a Row is Updated.

So when a User presses Save it should go to the FormView and the user is required to fill out this form.

Hope that explains it good enough.

I probably have found an answer to my earlier question.

I know do it as follow: I trigger an action on a Table where I have my โ€œBuildingsโ€ saved. It then opens a form view of a table that is referenced to โ€œBuildingsโ€ where a user can input updates to a specific building and set e โ€œStatusโ€.

The action that was triggered, triggers a second action that should put in the โ€œStatusโ€ field in the โ€œBuildingsโ€ table the most recent โ€œStatusโ€ from the โ€œUpdateโ€ table.

The function of the second action looks like this: ANY(SELECT(DB_Workinfo_AVOR[AVOR Status],[Datum / Zeit]=MAX( SELECT(DB_Workinfo_AVOR[Datum / Zeit],[Adresse]=[_THISROW].[Adresse]))))

The first action works perfect and really accomplishes what I want. But the second action just doesnโ€™t work, I canโ€™t get the most recent โ€œStatusโ€ value into the other table.

You need to have a security filter or a slice filter that is always showing the most recent itemโ€ฆ So once they add that new item, the old item is gone, out of their viewโ€ฆ

I basically replace all of my edit actions to copy and edit actions.

Top Labels in this Space