Hello I`m trying to figure out a way to have ...

Hello I`m trying to figure out a way to have multiline text show up in the reported PDF as multiline.

I have simple LongText field that`s basicly: Name Surname Address line 1 Address line 2

City Postcode Country

and when it shows up in the PDF it`s: Name Surname Address line 1 Address line 2 City Postcode Country

My template is very simple and it just prints one field: <<[Client Address]>> in a table.

Is there a way i can format my template that`ll keep the original formating of the text?

0 4 400
4 REPLIES 4

You can try <<TEXT([Client Address])>> but if that doesn’t work, you can try an expression using FIND and CONCATENATE in your template to format it as desired.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh will know for sure.

tony1

@Mateusz_Grybczynski I suspect this is because the PDF is generated from an HTML version of your data, which does not display newlines. For now I’d recommend splitting your LongText field up into separate columns (Name, Address1, Address2, etc.). That way you can format them each independently.

@Bellave_Jayaram TEXT() did not help. I`ll try to work it out with Find/Concatenate. Thanks

@tony Splitting would work perfectly but i don`t want to complicate my database further. I might play with Virtual Columns thou Thanks

Top Labels in this Space