Hello, I'm working on the "Behaviour" - "Ac...

Hello,

Iโ€™m working on the โ€œBehaviourโ€ - โ€œActionsโ€.

How can use values of my column to be sent as a message?

Any advice and suggestions?

Would really appreciate.

0 7 332
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Daryn_Torres, Could you please add whether you are looking for any specific input in using message action.

Presume you wish to use the action โ€œExt: start a text messageโ€.

After defining this action, please enter the column name

or expression in the โ€œToโ€ option. This column need to be typically a phone type column., say [Customer Phone] .

In the Message field , please enter the column name or expression from which you need to pick the message,typically a text type column., say [Request Status]

Upon executing this action , you will be taken to the default messaging app that you have in your phone and "to " number and message are auto populated in respective fields. You will need to press the send button though.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar thanks for the feedback.

I wish to send the details as message. For example, I want my message to be formatted like this

[Account Name] [Account ID] etc.

However, The SMS would only display the first columnโ€™s value which is [Account Name].

any thoughts?

Hi @Daryn_Torres, As I mentioned you can have expressions as well in the โ€œToโ€ and โ€œMessageโ€ fields. You can for example concatenate the message comprising of several fields into one virtual column field and define that field as message field.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar thanks. but I believe CONCATENATE will display values like this for example:

Expression: CONCATENATE([Account Name], [Account ID]) Display (values for example):

John1234

is there a way for this to have it like this?

John 1234

@Daryn_Torres Please use the expression format as mentioned below

CONCATENATE( [Account Name],"

",[Account ID])

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thank you so much for the help. Itโ€™s working.

My format before were like this

CONCATENATE([Account Name], โ€œโ€, [Account ID])

Thanks again! Cheers

Hi @Daryn_Torres, Thank you for the update. Good to know it is working as required.

Top Labels in this Space