Hello. SMS workflow.... This workflow sends...

Hello.

SMS workflowโ€ฆ This workflow sends SMS at inappropriate times and not yet sure why or how.

Is there a way to search my app for all instances of column [Job Closed] so that I can narrow down the reason for this conditionโ€™s false triggering?

0 10 373
10 REPLIES 10

In the Data / Tables tab, click View Data.

You can check them from the audit log. You probably need a formula likeโ€ฆ AND(ISNOTBLANK([Job Closed]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Job Closed]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Job Closed],[Job Closed]=TRUE). Otherwise it will send you the SMS every time when the โ€œJob Closedโ€ is blank.

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks NOT BLANK was the fix but not sure why since the false triggers occurred when editing existing rows that were already set to โ€œopenedโ€ or โ€œclosedโ€. This was not an issue for new jobs not yet defined as open or closed.

Either way it now apparently works!

Quesโ€ฆ Does AppSheet offer a way for me to step through and watch a specific column state so I could see when it was toggling and causing the false trigger?

Also, does AppSheet allow me to search and locate all expressions in my entire app that have a specific column in expressions?

Felt like I had no smart way to know where to search for [job closed] expressions. Thanks.

If your Job Closed field is blank, the formula will give you a result TRUE even with the <> evaluation. Thatโ€™s why you need to use ISNOTBLANK as well.

You can see it from the Audit history. Andโ€ฆ Iโ€™m afraid there is no smart way to find an expression.

@Aleksi_Alkio got it.

But the field was not blank during false triggers.

Every field in the column was loaded w either open or closed.

FYI Im using text not TRUE/FALSE, could that be a problem?

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks!

was looking for an โ€œemulatorโ€ or a live step through to help find problems.

Feels like bowling through a curtain; canโ€™t peak inside to see what Iโ€™m aiming for.

It doesnโ€™t matter is it a text or Y/N field. If you have the value as โ€œOpenedโ€ and you changed it, it will send the SMS. Thatโ€™s why you need to add the last statement as well.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks

Translate

@Aleksi_Alkio hi there.

Been using your before and after check for workflows, works great.

As a quick fix to only being fired when an action occurs on the rising edge of a change (false to true) Iโ€™ve figured out that dropping in a simple AND does the trick.

The column being monitored for a change is a yes/no button.

Questionโ€ฆ Can you explain why the AND ([Service Declined?]=TRUE requires TRUE not FALSE in my expression?

Seems that the expression should be [Service Declined?]=FALSE because I only want the check for change to occur when the button has not yet gone from FALSE to TRUE.

Hope this makes sense.

Top Labels in this Space