Hello, This question is about editing restric...

Alper

Hello, This question is about editing restrictions. I want user be able to edit/modify older records if they are created within last 30 days, the rest should be view/only. All the security etc filters are hiding the filtered content which I do not want. What’s the logical way to prevent editing old records? Also, obviously, there should be a time stamp, how it should be placed? Same row? Or in another table with ref? What might be the preferred way for this in a

multiuser / workbook_per_user environment ? Thanks.

0 5 338
5 REPLIES 5

You could use system generated EDIT action button’s condition rule for this purpose. You could type something like… DATE([DatetimeColumn])>TODAY()-30 or if you use Date for the timestamp, you can write it like [DateColumn]>TODAY()-30.

Alper

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi and thanks for replying, i have found a couple more places to set editing restrictions, one is the flask of Add/Edit/Delete/ReadOnly section of tables, other is editableif() column constraint. Along with edit action you mentioned above, which one you think works best for the purpose?

I didn’t meant none of those. I mean the the action button where you can see small box with pencil… when you edit the record.

1. If you want to control the ability to edit across an entire table, use the Are updates allowed property of the table’s definition in Data > Tables.

2. If you want to control the ability to edit on a row-by-row basis, use the Only if this condition is true property of the table’s Edit action in Behavior > Actions.

3. If you want to control the ability to edit on a column-by-column basis, use the Editable_If property of the column in Data > Columns.

You want (2).

Alper

+Steve Coile Thanks for clarification, now I understand where and when to use these restrictors. Yes I will follow no2. This information deserves finding it’s way to some place in the help pages I believe.

Top Labels in this Space