Hello all! So I am a little bit confused at ...

Hello all!

So I am a little bit confused at something that is going on with the app when I look at it on my computer as I am working โ€œunder the hoodโ€.

The views that come up on the model app are very limited; I do not see all the views that I am suppose to see, even though I am signed into my gmail, etc.

And when I look at the app on my phone, I can see everything that I am suppose to see.

Needless to say, this makes it kind of annoying and difficult to work on the app, since I canโ€™t see certain views unless I go to the UX and press a few buttons, and then it will let me see that view.

I have a feeling there is some way I can switch back and forth between views, but Iโ€™m not sure.

Many of the views have security filters for different crews, but I always make sure that I enable myself to see everything on my own account.

Thoughts? Many thanks!

0 14 428
14 REPLIES 14

By โ€œmodel appโ€, you mean the emulator in the app editor?

Please elaborate on โ€œgo to the UX and press a few buttonsโ€.

+Steve Coile Yes, I mean the app as it shows up on the right in the app editor.

When I go to the UX, and then the Views tab, and letโ€™s say, for example, that I am currently unable to see the โ€œ2019 Construction Timesheetsโ€ view in the app editor.

If I open that tab up, and letโ€™s pretend the View type is already Table, I will just click that Table button again, and the view will appear in the example app.

Once I click out of it though, it goes away and doesnโ€™t show up in the app on the computer.

Including some screen shots for clarification.

+Steve Coile

First try to clean your browserโ€™s cache and see if that helps.

@Aleksi_Alkio Omg it worked!!! You are the best!

Youโ€™re welcome

OK, it makes sense that the emulator displays the view when you click into the viewโ€™s configuration. The app editor always tries to display whatever view youโ€™re actively configuring.

So the question is why doesnโ€™t the view display as it does on your phoneโ€ฆ?

My first thought would be something to do with your security filters. Are you confident youโ€™re logged into the same Google account on both your computer and your phone?

+Steve Coile Hey Steve, Iโ€™m pretty sure.

At the top, it says I am anyway (evelubarsky@gmail.com).

Thatโ€™s the email that I use for app sheet.

And on your phone?

Yup, everything shows up perfectly on my phone.

Itโ€™s just the one on the computer that doesnโ€™t show all that it should when I am editing

Are you using USERSETTINGS() in your security filters? Perhaps a device-local user setting is affecting things?

Iโ€™m not sure where to look for this, but when I go to Security>Security Filters, there is no expression in the Security Filter field, and all the Access Modes are set to โ€œas app creatorโ€.

I just thought of something - does my email need to be on the โ€œApproved Users Whitelistโ€?

Do I need to invite myself?

Seems like that would be silly, but just thought Iโ€™d ask.

Top Labels in this Space