Hello everybody, in my sheet I have some colu...

Hello everybody, in my sheet I have some columns that are named with a date but the data below is TEXT. I.E:

A1 = 1/1/18 (column name) A2 = P A3 = P

Where P means PRESENT.

The issue is that in the App that colum name comes as a number that has nothing to do with that date so I cannot use it. Have you any idea why, and how to fix? Thank you

0 2 307
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Rendall_Narciso,

You may wish to format the header cell “A1” that has column name as “Plain Text” type in back end spreadsheet.

The brief testing showed that formatting column header to “Plain text” retains the column name as"1/1/18"and one can use columns with such date like header names in expressions.

However community colleagues may have more guidance /experience to share on naming column headers with such a “date like” names and using them further in expressions etc.

Right. This is a wierd edge case. Google Sheets (and Excel) try to guess at column value types. When they see a date, they store it internally as a number (43350 is that date represented as the number of days from 1970 or something like that). We expect column names to be text. So @Suvrutt_Gurjar has the right suggestion to fix it.

Top Labels in this Space