Hello everyone! I am having trouble with a s...

Hello everyone!

I am having trouble with a security filter. In a single table I had 4 [Email] columns. I add an OR(USEREMAIL()=[Email1],USEREMAIL()=[Email2]…) but is not working. Any advise on this?

Thanks!

0 19 480
19 REPLIES 19

In what way it’s not working?

@Aleksi_Alkio

This is the formula that I add in the security table: OR((USEREMAIL()=[Email1]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email2]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email3]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email4]))

I enter in the App with an email that is not inside thouse columns and is still showing all the data for that table.

@Steven_Coile

I am looking at the App itself

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 Is this in a prototype app, or a deployed app? If deployed, your licence may not permit the use of security filters.

@Steven_Coile

Is it not deployed and I believe the owner of the App has a Premium account.

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 did you try using the in() expression I gave you above?

@Steven_Coile

I will try when I get home

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 I’m gonna guess you’ve been bitten by the odd behavior of the = operator: if one of the operands is blank, the result is always true! So if any of the email columns is blank, the entire or() expression is true, regardless of the user’s email address. in() doesn’t suffer this problem.

@Steven_Coile

I belief that could be the issue. I will check it later on. I’ll keep you update.

Many thanks!

What is the app name and account ID? I will check it. Thanks

@Steven_Coile

Many Thanks! This works perfect!

Try… OR(USEREMAIL()=[Email1],USEREMAIL()=[Email2],USEREMAIL()=[Email3],USEREMAIL()=[Email4])

@Aleksi_Alkio

Not working Translate

Try:

IF( OR((USEREMAIL()=[Email1]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email2]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email3]),(USEREMAIL()=[Email4])), TRUE, FALSE)

@Bellave_Jayaram

Not working

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 in(useremail(), list([Email1], [Email2], …))

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 Can you elaborate on “not working”? Is Expression Builder giving an error? Or are all rows making it through? Or no rows? In what way is it “not working”?

@Steven_Coile

Hi Steven, I enter in the App as a co-author. The email that I’m using as a co-author is not enter in any of the 4 [Email] columns in the table that I add te security filter, and when I enter in the App it still showing me the rows inside that table when it shouldn’t.

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1 That you are a co-author shouldn’t matter, unless you’re telling me you’re looking into the workbench/editor rather than the app itself, and the workbench is showing you the rows despite the security filter. Could you clarify for me?

I would expect the security filter to omit all rows within the app based on what you’ve said.

Top Labels in this Space