Hello you all! If I'll have my app as a stan...

Hello you all!

If I’ll have my app as a stand alone app, on what tables is it going to run? I don’t understand the process :(. I have my own tables but how is the app going to create the tables for user? Or, on which tables is it going to run?

I hope I’ve made myself clear enough.

Thank you!

0 5 364
5 REPLIES 5

where are your tables? Suppose they are on Google Sheets.

When you enter AppSheet and choose to start a new App, you are given the option of using your own data, from where you are taken to a window where you can select where the data is (GoogleSheets) and then select the spreadsheet that will be used as your database.

Once you select a sheet and the tab, AppSheet automatically uses the first line of the sheet as fields headers in a classic database.

you can add several tabs of the same sheet, each one will be used as a database.

or you can add more sheets and their tabs…

or with a pro plan you can add tables from tabs inside GoogleSheets, from Excel files in your dropbox, etc.

and use all of those tables as well as make connections between them.

@Rogerio_Penna Thank you but that’s not what I meant. I’ve started building the app for my own use but I realised that I can very well publish it on Google Play Store.

But if I do that, how does it work? In my case, I’ve created the tables and “attached” AppSheet.

If I publish the app, does the user have to create his own tables (identical to mine)?

I’ve got no clue how does this work

@Alex_Meraru I see. In that case I have no idea.

I suppose that public Apps are not meant like each user having their own database, but rather apps which have a public shared database amd thus it would still be a Google Sheet, or Dropbox file.

@Rogerio_Penna This needs more study. Thank you!

@Rogerio_Penna

help.appsheet.com - Private Tables Private Tables help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space