Help finding a post

Hey everyone.

I just had a client ask me if there was a way to add a timestamp to the photo, like you would get from cameras back in the day.

I vaguely remember someone posting about a SaaS that you could connect to that would allow you to do such a thing; but search as much as I can, I canโ€™t find that post.

Anyone remember what Iโ€™m talking about??

Thanks! 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

Solved Solved
0 9 237
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hellow mate, Matt.

I thing this is it.

Capture the date and time upon taking photo in a field.

Then refer to that date-time column whe you create new image URL using this API.

Datetime test value should be displayed in the postition as you want?

Fuji Film in the old days?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You might be able to use a virtual column that dynamically generates an SVG image of the timestamp, with the main photo as the background. But youโ€™d have to know the dimensions of each image to set the viewport.

Hellow mate, Matt.

I thing this is it.

Capture the date and time upon taking photo in a field.

Then refer to that date-time column whe you create new image URL using this API.

Datetime test value should be displayed in the postition as you want?

Fuji Film in the old days?

In our apps, for 3rd party image editing we generally prefer Cloudinary REST API. Itโ€™s a paid service, but itโ€™s the best IMHO.

Thatโ€™s the one! @tsuji_koichi

I thought the post was by you.

Thanks @LeventK, Iโ€™ll check that out. I was just thinking, the API is a live dynamic thing - it would be nice to be able to edit the actual files, this way theyโ€™re available offline (and just in general, having that timestamp or whatever actually on the image is a better permanent solution).

Here you go.

you are owe to buy beer for me at the next time we meet!!

Done and done my good sir! @tsuji_koichi

Promise please, sir!

Maybe check out imgix.com as well.

Particularly this solution

Top Labels in this Space