Help with UserEmail

Hi,

I tried to use this as the Valid IF for my useremail field in my User table.

not(in(USEREMAIL(), select(Users[User_Login_Email], [UserID] <> [_thisrow].[UserID])))

And this as my invalid error message

ifs(in(USEREMAIL(), select(Users[User_Login_Email], [UserID] <> [_thisrow].[UserID])),
concatenate(
"(",
[User_Login_Email],
") is already in the system"
)
)

I thought this would work but it throws up the error for all new submissions even though they are not on the list.

Can someone please help?

Solved Solved
0 4 118
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you are on the new desktop UX mode (bunch of bugs still), then the workaround is 

ifs(in(USEREMAIL(), select(Users[User_Login_Email], [UserID] <> [_thisrow].[UserID])-list([_thisrow])),
concatenate(
"(",
[User_Login_Email],
)
)

but not funcy enough.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the response @Koichi_Tsuji , your suggestion worked.

Funny enough, I was just in the appsheet editor and testing, but it hasn't worked for sometime...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you on the new desktop UX? If so, it is possible.

The new desktop attached bug could be a problem, if you are on the new UX.

If you are on the new desktop UX mode (bunch of bugs still), then the workaround is 

ifs(in(USEREMAIL(), select(Users[User_Login_Email], [UserID] <> [_thisrow].[UserID])-list([_thisrow])),
concatenate(
"(",
[User_Login_Email],
)
)

but not funcy enough.

Thanks for the response @Koichi_Tsuji , your suggestion worked.

Funny enough, I was just in the appsheet editor and testing, but it hasn't worked for sometime...

if it is just you that you are trying to restrict to, you can also choose to use USERROLE()='Admin' for restricting other users from access the user table. 

if you are the app owner, you automatically become an Admin. you can view this in the share settings.

Top Labels in this Space