Help with automation

Hi community 

I would like some assistance with automations please.

What I am trying to achieve is to create a new record at 12:55am each day on the Daily_Attendance_Summary table. 

But if I select schedule, daily and add the time of 12:55am I am not able to choose Run a Data Action as an option in the Dropdown. 

Why would this be the case, the other Automation options are present. 

Screenshot 2023-11-14 075728.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-14 0745841.jpg

0 1 94
1 REPLY 1

I think actions in the automation are always data change actions. In turn data change actions run with respect to some record and those are not open ended.

1) So you may want to first denote some specific record with respect to which you would like to add a new record. 

So the setting could be something like below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1699951230651.png

Please specify the table name and a filter condition to select a row. In the above example the filter expression is a simple [Order ID] =MAXROW("Orders", "_ROWNUMBER") 

So the filter will select the last record of the table before the bot runs. 

2) Then the record add action is with respect to this last row selected in the filter as shown below.

The key column is set with UNIQUEID() for the new record. But customer name is set from the last record of the day that is selected through the filter condition above.  You will need to set any such other "required" column in the record to run the action through the bot/ Please note due to the step 1 above ( selection of a specific record in the filter) the data change action is available even in the scheduled bot.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1699951463983.png

Hope this helps.

Top Labels in this Space