Help with bot creation

Hello friends. Could someone explain to me how to make this bot?

I need that, every time a value is changed in the "inputs" table, an action called "update" of the "production components" table is triggered.

Solved Solved
0 7 207
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey man,

you don't need a bot for this.
Search for "Quick Update System" here in the Forums.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Okay. To answer the question in my post, I have created a bot that triggers the update action every time there is a change in the table. This allows me to update everything as if it were a virtual column however I don't have to create a virtual column. Thank you so much.

I present my solution

I have created an action called update just as the post you recommended says (in fact I already had it created before). I couldn't trigger the update action with the bot because it referenced a list that didn't exist (the related ones created by the system). However, I have modified the formula (a filter) and it has solved.

Regarding the bot,

I configured an event that is triggered every time there is a change in the inputs table and then the action is applied to the tables where these inputs are located.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hey man,

you don't need a bot for this.
Search for "Quick Update System" here in the Forums.

Cheers

thanks for your answer. I check it and comment!

Actually I think I do need it since I don't want to update manually. I understand that when you create actions, the activations are manual but a bot automates them. That's why I need to create the bot

Hey, 

it's not manually. A value change in one table triggers the Action automatically. That's what the Quick Update System is there for. I use it exact that way and it never fails and everything stays client side, means, the changes and calculations are instant.

You mean this?

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Quick-Update-System-How-to-update-records-in-you...

Quick Update System - How to update records in your app with a push of a button

here it says "pressing a button"

I would have no problems updating manually, but the button is only visible in detail view and I would like to be able to update many tables simultaneously and from a table-type view.

Hey,

that's the correct one yes. The possibilities are endless with it. One (Grouped) Action Triggers Another and Another and so on.
You can use a Button or a FormSave Event on the View for the Initial Trigger.

Okay. To answer the question in my post, I have created a bot that triggers the update action every time there is a change in the table. This allows me to update everything as if it were a virtual column however I don't have to create a virtual column. Thank you so much.

I present my solution

I have created an action called update just as the post you recommended says (in fact I already had it created before). I couldn't trigger the update action with the bot because it referenced a list that didn't exist (the related ones created by the system). However, I have modified the formula (a filter) and it has solved.

Regarding the bot,

I configured an event that is triggered every time there is a change in the inputs table and then the action is applied to the tables where these inputs are located.

Top Labels in this Space