Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I ha...

Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a form.

This first line allows the user to select a name from a list.

Next option is to select whether the user is โ€œProโ€ or โ€œAmโ€.

This is an enum using buttons.

The next option, also enum buttons is โ€œ$0โ€, โ€œ$6โ€, โ€œ$8โ€, โ€œ$10โ€.

I would like to either remove a button for amount based on โ€œProโ€ or โ€œAmโ€ selection or stipple out the un-needed button.

Any suggestions?

I donโ€™t want a list, I want buttons.

Thanks for any help.

0 3 384
3 REPLIES 3

Try to use this in the ValidIf property of the amount column: IF([UserIs] = โ€œProโ€, LIST("$6", โ€œ$8โ€, โ€œ$10โ€), LIST("$0", โ€œ$6โ€, โ€œ$8โ€)) And be sure to set EnumInputMode property to โ€œbuttonsโ€

Itโ€™s not possible to โ€œstipple outโ€ buttons, but you can remove them.

Whether the options are presented as buttons or as a dropdown menu is determined by the columnโ€™s EnumInputMode property.

The buttons (or dropdown menu entries) displayed are determined by the defined Enum values in the column definition, or as given in a list generated by the columnโ€™s Valid_If formula. If no Valid_If formula is defined, the user will be presented with all of the columnโ€™s Enum values as options. If Valid_If is defined and results in a list, the user will only be presented with the values in the list as options.

For example, the entire set of options you gave can be expressed as a formula for Valid_If as:

=LIST("$0", โ€œ$6โ€, โ€œ$8โ€, โ€œ$10โ€)

You can use an IF() expression to conditionally present a different set. For instance:

=IF(

([Pro/Am] = โ€œProโ€),

LIST("$0", โ€œ$100โ€, โ€œ$200โ€),

LIST("$0", โ€œ$6โ€, โ€œ$8โ€, โ€œ$10โ€) )

If the user selected Pro for the Pro/Am column, the column would present options for $0, $100, and $200; otherwise, the column would present $0, $6, $8, and $10.

thank you gentlemen.

Top Labels in this Space