Hey guys, I have the "F2LIVE" app that's publ...

Hey guys, I have the โ€œF2LIVEโ€ app thatโ€™s published to both the Google & Apple store. The appโ€™s main purpose is to achieve one of the NPOโ€™s goals to help people find people with similar fitness goals. I had a few suggestions from women especially to โ€œverifyโ€ the identities of users, so I set up a โ€œverifiedโ€ and โ€œunverifiedโ€ system, with all FORM entries AUTOMATICALLY being โ€œunverified.โ€ The mapโ€™s first location layer is the FORM location and the second location layer is the GYM location. For the FORM location, I want to hide โ€œunverifiedโ€ entries from the public, from the Table, Detail, and Map (VIEW). I can do this with the SECURITY FILTER if [โ€ฆ Verification]=โ€œVerifiedโ€ โ€ฆ

But, Iโ€™m getting a message from AppSheet that I need a PRO plan to use this function or my account will be banned in 3 days? I thought Publisher PRO allowed for all features? What should I do?

I really donโ€™t want to show the โ€œunverifiedโ€ entries otherwise the map will be full of fake/unverified identitiesโ€ฆ Since the map auto-populates the entry once synced.

0 7 517
7 REPLIES 7

I couldnโ€™t find a way for format rules to hide specific rowsโ€ฆ For the Map, Table, and Detail views. Security Filter seems like the right answer.

You are probably using Publisher Pro plan which is a public app and you canโ€™t use user authentication. When you canโ€™t use authentication, you canโ€™t use security filter either. Instead of security filters, you could try to slices. But please remember not to use any kind of sensitive data with your app.

Yes, itโ€™s Publisher Pro. Itโ€™s not sensitive information, itโ€™s unnecessary information for the views. Security filter works via the code, but I guess based on AppSheet rules itโ€™s not allowed to be used? Maybe I can find a work around by creating a duplicate table only for the FORM, and another table for the MAP, DETAIL, and TABLE view only for the entries with text โ€œverifiedโ€ from the duplicate table. Itโ€™s doable, I think, just thinking out loud, but it seems like a whole lot of extra steps when I can just filter entries from the original table.

I filter them not because of sensitive data, but because of the cleanliness of the UX.

You can filter the data with the slice. You need to use the slice as a source for your view.

Alright, Iโ€™ll begin looking through threads to see how to do this. Thank you!

Alright, splices were easy enough to use. Thank you for introducing them!

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space